Hello lovelies! Today I am bringing in a new feature, which I mentioned in my vlog post, involving different ways of wearing a garment. For my first '5 Ways to Wear' I have chosen the maxi skirt as it is something that has taken over my wardrobe this year and I love wearing it and pairing it with different tops to get a different look. I hope you like how I have styled my maxi skirt!
1. Crop Top: First up, and an ultimate favourite for me, is the crop top. I think wearing a high-waisted maxi skirt with a crop top is great for short people like me because it gives the illusion that you are taller and slimmer. I know some people aren't too sure when it comes to maxi's/maxi skirts because they are short, but I honestly think that if you grab a high-waist maxi skirt which just skims the floor then it will suit anyone and make you look taller than you actually are. Having the little gap between the top and the skirt is also sexy and feminine.
2. Shirt Blouse: Second up I have paired my maxi skirt with a sheer shirt blouse. This is an outfit that I often wear, along with the chunky necklace, as it is comfortable and easy to wear and looks elegant and effortless. I usually wear a black and gold belt with this outfit aswell to tie it all in and if the weather isn't great you can wear ankle boots with this outfit too - just because the weather isn't great it doesn't mean that you can't wear a maxi skirt.
3. Tie-up Maxi Skirt: The third variation is tieing up part of the maxi skirt to make it slightly shorter and to get this drapping effect. I have to admit, I have only worn my maxi this way once because you have to tie up part of the maxi skirt with a hair band and then safety-pin it up to make sure it stays put. You can see how I styled it (with the shirt blouse, above) here.
4. Wear as a dress: My forth way of wearing a maxi is by wearing it as a dress, giving a midi length hem. Excuse my cat in these images, she decided she wanted to get involved in the photos today! Haha! So anyway, I have basically just pulled the maxi skirt right up so that it sits just above my chest and put a belt around the middle to add shape. I've always been a bit worried about midi length hems on me because I am quite short, however with this maxi skirt I think it really works and will be a style which I will wear more often.
5. Jumper: Lastly I have gone for wearing a jumper with a maxi skirt. These images aren't the best, especially with this jumper as it is quite long so I have folded it up, but if you get a jumper that sits on your hips it will work perfectly. This outfit would be great for the autumn or chilly nights and it just adds a different look to a maxi skirt. One thing that is very important, I think, is tieing a belt around your waist just to show the shape of your figure, because wearing a jumper with a maxi skirt can make you look a bit frumpy if you're short like me, so having the belt just allows people to see your figure.
I hope you like my 5 variations and maybe try a few of these out! Please let me know what you think and if you would like to see more posts like this. Another one will be coming soon so keep a look out!